I am a single eighteen-year-old girl, and I find the qualities of a person’s character to be very important. In a spouse, however, that importance of character quality multiplies ten fold. Your spouse is someone you make a promise to love truly and eternally. The person you choose to spend your life with needs to be someone you will always love and who will always love you. When that happy day comes, when I make that promise to the man I am preparing to marry, it means I have found a man who has the top five qualities I most admire.
These five qualities are:
1. Faithfulness. I want a spouse who will be always and forever faithful to the promise he is going to make me and God when he prepares to marry me.
2. Trust. I want a spouse who I can trust fully and completely, and I want him to have trust in me as well.
3. Love. I want a spouse who overflows with a never-ending love for me and for his family. Even for the world around him. I want him to be loving – but to give the best of it to me.
4. Kindness. I want a spouse who is kind to the young and old, rich and poor, high and low, animals, nature, life, just the world in general. I want him to have a loving and kind heart.
5. Strength. I want a spouse who has spiritual strength, mental strength, and physical strength. I want him to have the strength to stand up for me and for himself. I would need him to be my protector and defender. I want him to be my hero.
Hey……A girl can dream.