Just the other day I posted my five favorite black and white photos that I have taken. Today, I thought it would be fun to post my five favorite photographs that are in color. Here it goes, I hope you enjoy them!
1. Bright Eyes – This is that same owl I posted in my black and white favorites. I just can not help myself! I adore this owl! I had only just gotten my new camera and I hadn’t been able to take too many pictures of “living” creatures, only still life. When we found this owl, I happened to have my camera with me. He let me get so close! It was amazing! I consider him my first living, wild, subject. 🙂
2. Sun-lit Rose – This photo is one of my favorites because of the color in the rose and the stillness of the sky. The shadows that play on the illuminated leaves are so lovely, I think. I just really enjoy it.
3. Home – I chose this photo because of how welcoming the window looks. I took this picture after I stopped for lunch in Astoria. I was visiting Seattle, and we decided to see the Oregon cost. This window just was so inviting in the very industrial town and against the grey sky. I hope to go back to Oregon some day soon…
4. Waiting to Fly – I love this photo because of the detail captured. Dandelions are my favorite! If you don’t believe me, I even have a tattoo of a dandelion. So there. 🙂 I once read that a person can either look at a field of dandelions and see a hundred weeds, or a hundred wishes.
5. Summer’s Last Breath – This photo was taken right before the winter months came and rid my yard of its flowers. As you can see, the petals are starting to wither away, yet beauty can still be found. That is why I love it.