The other day I was thinking back to all the memories I share with my new fiancé. Joy and laughter came flooding back to my heart, along with the feeling of incredible love and a hunger to create many more equally wonderful memories. Then another thought came to me as well. It was the realization of how many “firsts” this sweet man has given me – and not doubt I will continue to be granted many more firsts through him.
Some of the firsts he has given me are:
1. My first prom experience
2. My first dance
3. The first time I ever held a boy’s hand (and wanted to)
4. The first time a guy ever told me he loves me
5. The first time I ever told a guy I love him too
6. My first kiss
7. My first time making French Macaroons
8. My first time trying Vegemite and Turkish delight
9. The first time anyone has ever read me stories
10. The first time I had ever realized I am not alive if I don’t have this young man’s love
So, so many firsts given to me by this one person, and so very many yet to come.