Today’s photo challenge is strangers. While on a peaceful day out, I brought my camera to a park that has a huge lake nestled in the very center. Among the many joggers and strollers at the park, I noticed these two ladies fishing. I have no idea who they are, so they are strangers to me. It appeared as if a daughter was fishing with her old and ailing mother. After I took the shot, I continued to walk towards them. My guess turned out to be truth, for I heard the lady standing call out to the woman sitting using the title of “ma“.
For today’s photo challenge, all I could think of were wishes and dreams. I needed something to sum all those thoughts up and fit into the close-up photo challenge. Why not a dandelion? If you look close, you can even see a small spider’s web! I especially love this simple, little, delicate, and finely woven seed. A single wish that will soon be carried away in the breeze…
Today’s photo challenge is collection. One thing I love to collect are sea shells! Every beach I’ve ever walked upon, I have also gathered a shell from. If I lived nearer the ocean, I’m absolutely sure that my house would be full to the brim with sea shells! I love them so much. The thing I love most about them is how different every single shell is.
I’ve always heard about bucket lists, but never really made on of my own. In October, I finally decided I should make one, and I did. I typed it up and put it in my room as a reminder everyday to keep working on my goals for my life. Here it is!
My Bucket List:
Learn to draw/paint. Teach my dog how to run with me. Own an Arabian horse.
- Own a Mad Hatter hat.
- Learn to dance.
Get a tattoo.
- Run track in college.
- Own a Volts Wagon.
- Own a professional Nikon or Canon camera.
- Dye my whole head of hair a totally different color.
- Register Loki as a service dog.
- Master all songs on “Just Dance 3.”
- Give someone who really deserves it the middle finger.
- Buy my very own house.
- Grow an amazing garden at that house.
- Build a personal library consisting of at least 100 books.
- Read 200 books.
- Climb an Egyptian pyramid (I will find a way!).
- Star gaze from deep in the Sahara desert.
- Touch the Moon.
- Find the Moon a real name.
- Scuba dive in the Red Sea.
- Dive in the Great Barrier Reef.
- Try a Vegemite sandwich.
- Sail down the River Nile.
- Visit another part of Africa – not just Egypt.
- Run through the ruins of a Greek temple.
- Celebrate a Hallowe’en in Ireland.
- Eat a taco in Italy!
- Visit an old Norse castle.
- Go on an African Safari and get a picture of a wild lion!
- Listen to a story told by a village elder of a tribe somewhere in the world.
- Visit at least 7 other countries not already listed.
- Create a delicious recipe all my own.
- Pet an elephant.
- Pet a shark.
- Help a baby sea turtle get to the ocean right after he hatches.
- Ride a camel.
- See a Humpback whale in the wild.
- See a wild toucan.
- Find a four-leafed clover.
- Try a piece of Turkish Delight.
- Read the entire Bible.
- Meet on of my favorite actors.
- Make homemade pasta.
- Sew a beautiful and wearable dress.
- Enter one of my photographs in a contest and win a prize for it.
- Run a marathon.
- Help a noble cause.
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Sky dive.
- Write a book, even if it’s never published.
- Ride in a parade on my Arabian horse while dressed like an Egyptian.
- Find and marry my true love.
- Raise a family with him.
If someone were to give me a plane ticket, and told me I could go anywhere in the world, where would I go? There are so many places in the world I want to go, so many things I want to see. I could fly over the icy waters of the South Atlantic until I reach Antarctica, where I could meet penguins and watch whales of many shapes and sizes surface in the Ocean. I could speed through the air to the tropical forests of Brazil and visit the ancient ruins of the Mayan. I could zoom over seas to the savannahs of Kenya and discover the animals I only dreamed of seeing. Prowling lions, beautifully painted zebras, huge hippos, laughing hyenas, tiny meerkats, bouncing gazelles, majestic elephants, and more wait for me to admire them. I could walk the white ruins of ancient Greece Or prehaps I could go to Ireland to see the beautiful coasts, rolling hills, and grassy moors.
There are unlimited possibilities for me to choose from. However, there is one place I have always wanted to visit for as long as I can remember, and that place is Egypt. I long to see the vastness of the desert and hold the Sahara sand in my hand. I want to dive in the Red Sea. I want to ride a camel on the steep foot paths no human in their right mind would walk otherwise. I want to visit the ruins of every last temple, pyramid, and tomb and float down the River Nile in a simple dahabeeyah.
So many places I could go. So many things I could see. I just need that one plane ticket to get there.